The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) wishes to remind all residential customers that the deadline to register for electronic billing (E-billing) is 31 March 2022 and encourages those who haven’t registered to do so to avoid missing out.
The current postage billing will be replaced by E-Billing as the main bill delivery platform from 01 April 2022 and all unregistered customers will be required to visit their nearest WAF branch to check for their water bills and update their contact information.
WAF advises customers that the deadline to register for E-billing was initially 31 December 2021, but this was extended to 31 March 2022, as some residential customers had missed out the first time around and needed more time to register and go into the draw to become one of the 50 lucky customers to win $100.
The decision to permanently switch over from postal billing to E-billing was made due to the inherent advantages of the platform and is in line with WAF’s objective of improving its customer service capabilities.
The advantages are:
1) Bills can no longer be lost in the mail system.
2) Bills are provided to customers on a scheduled and timely basis.
3) Registered customers will be eligible to receive a myBill Info Card, which can be used for enquiries or payments without the need to produce a paper bill.
4) Bill copies, as well as account details, will always be available on email and phones, as they can be saved electronically.
5) E-Billing/SMS bill delivery utilises less paper, water and, work – reducing our carbon footprint and contributing towards a greener Fiji.
Additionally, WAF resources are freed up and can be diverted into infrastructure and water development projects, as resources spent on printing bills and having them delivered will be dramatically reduced.
Members of our population such as the elderly, or social welfare recipients who live alone and do not have access to electronic devices, or are unable to use them, as well as Maritime customers who reside in areas with network issues will be exempt from the switchover.
WAF encourages customers who fall within these groups to reach out to customer service teams and discuss ways in which a solution that works well for both parties, can be determined.
To register for E-Billing, a customer needs to:
– Fill out the required sign up form, which is available on our website at https://waterauthority.com.fj/email-sms-billing-request…/ or at any WAF customer service centre.
– Attach a scanned copy of their Tax Identification Number (TIN) letter or FRCS joint ID Card with a scanned copy of their ID (either Driver’s Licence, Passport, or Voter Identification card).
– Submit the completed form online through email@example.com or drop it off at the available drop bins at any WAF customer service centre.
Please note that if you are not the account holder, please provide the account holder’s written consent with the completed form and identification card copy.
For further enquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org call us on 334 6777 or shortcode 5777, visit any of our Customer Care Centres, or visit our website: www.waterauthority.com.fj