The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) wishes to advise its customers living in Nasinu and certain areas in Suva may experience low water pressure to intermittent supply from tonight until 6am Saturday morning (08/02).
Affected areas include:
Areas feeeding from Wainibuku Reservoir
- Naulu, Nakasi, Wainibuku Road, Davuilevu, Dibulu, Koronivia, Nepani, Nadawa
- Ratu Dovi Road, Nadera, Narere, Navosai, Omkar Road.
Areas feeeding from Tovata Reservoir
- Makoi Road, Kalokalo Crescent, Tuirara, Tovata as well as elevated areas of Wainibuku to the Suva Corridor.
- Nagatugatu, Tacirua, Upper Namadi and parts of Tamavua, Dokanaisuva, Sakoca and Colo-i-suva.
Areas feeeding from Nasinu Reservoir
- Laucala Beach, Raiwaqa, Raiwai, Caubati, and Kinoya.
Areas feeeding from Flagstaff Reservoir
- Fletcher Road, Lower Raiwaqa, Lower Raiwai, Domain, Muanikau, Nasese, Nasova, Flagstaff, Victoria Parade, and Knolly Street.
Areas feeding from Kalabu Reservoir
- Nasole, Nadera, and areas in Valelevu.
The interruption in supply is due to a burst DN600 bulk main, which feeds treated water from the Waila Water Treatment Plant to the Wainibuku main distribution reservoir.
WAF ground teams are currently on site conducting repairs and this is ancipated to be completed by early tomorrow morning (07/02). However, water restoration will commence moments after and water supply is expected to normalize by 6am Saturday morning (08/02).
The Authority is kindly advising its customers residing in the areas above to store and use water wisely for their immediate needs during this temporary disruption period.
Water carting trucks are on standby to service the affected areas.
The Authority highly regrets any inconvenience caused to its customers.
For further enquiries, customers can call 334 6777 and 5777 (Vodafone, Digicel & Inkk users) or email firstname.lastname@example.org