The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) wishes to advise its customers living in parts of Sigatoka area that water supply will be disrupted from 9.00am Thursday morning (11/01) to 5.00pm Friday (12/01).
Areas Affected Include;
- Uluisila Hilltop, China Town, Hanahana, Naidovi and surrounding areas
- Voua Village, Rukurukulevu and surrounding areas
- Cuvu Village,Tore, Sila and Naevuevu Village
- Rakirakilevu, Nasama, Vunavutu, Volivoli and Kulukulu areas
- Oloolo Road, Lateef Road,Ram Singh Road and surounding areas
- Muniratnam, Fiji Gas Road, 60 Zone Road, Andhra and Olosara Sewerage road
- Nakalavo, Naduri, Nacocolevu, Nawamagi Nasau Korokoro and surrounding areas
- Nakabuta, Lawai and surrounding areas
- Rakirakilevu and surrounding areas
- Laselase, Nayawa and surrounding areas
- Crows Nests Resort, Tabakula Beach Bunglows and Casablanca
The interruption in supply will be as a result of the reduction in water production during the essential cleaning operation in clarifier units of Matovo Water Treatment Plant. The purpose of this cleaning operation is to remove excess sludge deposited in the clarifier units as a result of high turbid water in Sigatoka River.
The Authority is kindly advising its customers residing in these areas to store and use water wisely for their immediate needs during this temporary disruption period.
Water carts will be on standby to service the affected areas as and when the need arises.
Supply is expected to be gradually restored by 6.00pm on Friday afternoon (12/01).
The Authority highly regrets any inconvenience caused to its customers.
For further inquiries, customers can call 3346777 or 5777 (Vodafone, Digicel & Inkk users) or email email@example.com