The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) wishes to advise its customers living parts of Nadi and Lautoka areas that customers may experience low water pressures to no water at times during the day from 11:50 am this morning (05/08) to 12:00 am mid-night tonight– Monday (06/08)
Affected Areas Include:
- Nagado, Nadele, Holika, Part of Sabeto
- Taci, Togomasi, Togo Lavusa, Solovi, Meiganyah
- Malolo, Navo, Tunalia, Transmitter Top, Nacovi, Sonaisali and Veiladan
- Nasau, Vutuvutu, Katigari, Mulomulo Top, Tabarak
- Malamala, Nawaicoba, Yako, Nabila, Uciwai, Fiji Marriot Momi Bay Resort
- Vaivai, Tawatawa, Wareibetia, Vuda area and Viseisei Backroad
- Whole of Lomolomo area, Kermode, Kashmir and Saru area
The interruption in supply is a result of emergency repairs to a leaking air-valve on the DN600 trunk mains to the Lautoka area after it has sustained damages after a motor vehicle collided into the air-valve chamber while on its way to Sabeto from Waimalika.
Repair works are currently in progress and is expected to complete by 5.00pm this afternoon-Sunday (05/08). Water supply to affected customers is expected to be gradually restored by 1:00 am on Monday morning (06/08).
The Authority is kindly advising its customers residing in these areas to store and use water wisely for their immediate needs during this temporary disruption period.
Water carts will be on standby to service the affected areas as and when the need arises. The Authority highly regrets any inconvenience caused to its customers.
For further enquiries, customers can call 3346777 and 5777 (Vodafone, Digicel & Inkk users) or email email@example.com