The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) would like to provide an update on the repair works currently being conducted on the burst that had developed on the Raw Water Rising Main fed by Pumps 3 and 4 at our Waimanu Pumps Station on Sunday (20/02/22) – https://www.facebook.com/WaterAuthorityofFiji/posts/4681878128601860
Following the excavation and inspection work conducted yesterday (21/02/22), it was found that the Y junction on the rising main ruptured along its seam, causing leakage along the rising main that is supplied by pumps 3 and 4.
Due to the extensive damage sustained, temporary fabrication works will be conducted, so as to allow for a quicker restoration of water supply into Tamavua and Headworks 3 for use by customers, while a more permanent solution is worked on.
These works are currently underway and as a result customers feeding from the Tamavua Water Treatment Plant will experience a disruption in their water supply from now, until further notice.
In preparation for this, customers in the areas listed below are kindly advised to store in their homes, while it is still available, sufficient amounts of water to last them for at least 2 to 3 days and are requested to use water wisely during this time.
Affected areas are:
– From Tamavua-i-Wai Bridge through to Togalevu Naval along the Queens Road including all Site Streets.
– From PJ Twommey Hospital to Reservoir Road along Princes Road, including all side streets such as Ragg Avenue, Devoji Street, Mead Road, Niraji, Wairua, etc, Upper Mead Road, Lovoni Road, Loa Street, Goodrum Place, Kaba Road, Saimoni Vatu Place, Bureta Street, Maharaj Place, Tuvana Place, Levuka Street, Tubou Street.
– Lakeba Street, including, Helson Street, Nayau Street, Kabara Street, Fulaga Street, Sovu Place, Namuka Street, Moala Street, Vatoa Street, Matuku Street, Totoya Street,
– Namadi Heights including Lower Ragg Avenue, Pathik Cresent, Mika Dreu Place, Padam Lala, Salato Road, Tuisawaqa, Salesi Road and all side streets.
– Rewa Street to Flagstaff Roundabout, Including all side street such as Kikau Street, Milverton Road, Alexander Street, Howell Road.
– Kula Street, Kaka Street, Parts of Gaji Road including Jittu Estate. Elevated Areas along Laucala Bay and Ratu Sukuna Road.
– Waimanu Road including all side streets, including Borron Road, Toganivalu Road, Sawani Street, Extension Street and elevated areas along Amy Street.
Water carting trucks are on standby and can be requested in the case of an emergency by calling 5777 (all mobile networks).
For more information, you can call 3346777 and 5777 (Vodafone, Digicel & Inkk users) or email email@example.com