The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) wishes to advise its customers living in parts of Sigatoka area that they will be experiencing low water pressures to no water from 5.00pm Friday 2nd March, 2018 to 5.00pm Sunday 4th March, 2017.
Areas Affected Include;
- Uluisila Hilltop, Naidovi and surrounding areas
- Naevuevu, Yadua, Hexagon Sub-division, Nasama, Vunavuto and Kulukulu areas
- Olosara Sewerage road, Naduri areas, Nacocolevu, Nasau, Nawamagi
- Nakabuta and surrounding areas
- Rakirakilevu, Laselase, Nayawa and surrounding areas
- Crows Nests Resort, Tabakula Beach Bunglows and Casablanca
- Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort, Fijian (Shangri-La) Resort and Natadola Intercontinental Hotel
The interruption in water supply is a result of low water levels at Matovo water treatment plant and reservoirs in Sigatoka area due to the current Electrical fault encountered at the treatment plant Gen-set changeover system resulting from the unplanned FEA power shutdown.
The fault rectification and electrical repair works are currently in progress and is expected to complete by 12.00am mid-night tonight. Water supply to the affected customers is expected to be gradually restored by 5.00pm Sunday 4th March, 2017.
The Authority is kindly advising its customers residing in those areas to store and use water wisely for their immediate needs during the period. Water carts will be on standby to service the affected areas as and when the need arises. We apologise for any inconvenience that this disruption may cause.
The Authority highly regrets any inconvenience caused to its customers. For further enquiries, customers can call 3346777 and 5777 (Vodafone, Digicel & Inkk users) or email firstname.lastname@example.org