The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) wishes to advise its customers living in parts of Sigatoka that they will be experiencing low water pressure to intermittent supply from today till 6pm Sunday, January 19th, 2019
Affected Areas Include:
• Rakirakilevu high and surrounding areas
• Tulalevu and surrounding areas
• Malaqereqere high and surrounding areas
• Nadroumai and surrounding areas
• Lateef Road and surrounding areas
• Olosara high and surrounding areas
• Korotogo areas
The interruption in supply is due to the intake chambers to Matovo Water Treatment Plant being blocked from flooding and high turbidity.
Supply is expected to be gradually restored at 6pm on Sunday (19/01).
The Authority is kindly advising its customers residing in the areas above to store and use water wisely for their immediate needs during this temporary disruption period.
For any urgent water carting requests, members of the public are to contact the Authority’s National Call Centre emergency toll-free line on 1507.
The Authority highly regrets any inconvenience caused to its customers.