The Water Authority of Fiji (WAF) wishes to advise its customers living in parts of Ba area that customers will be experiencing low water pressure to no water at times from this evening (15/01/18) to Tuesday (16/01/18).
This water disruption is a result of the following:
i) Low level at Waiwai which is still building up as a result of pumps being blocked and Dams partly blocked after yesterday’s flooding.
ii) Low level at Vunisamaloa High-Level Reservoir and burst mains along creek crossings and other locations which are still submerged under water.
iii) Balevuto Dam is completely closed due to high turbidity of water resulting low water production.
Areas Affected Include;
1. Elevated areas of Navatu, Etatoko, Lavuci, Varavu, Vatiyaka, Sorokoba and Natalecake
2. Rarawai golf link, Saweri, Vaqia, Vunisamaloa, Korovuto, Tevoro Lane, Namada, Veisaru, Navoli and Waibuka
3. Elevated areas of Naruku, Kumkum, Motoruku, Chinakoti, Part of Moto, Tabataba, Marnitawa, Talaiya, Nasolo, Vatulaulau, Tarivo, Maururu, Tauvegavega, Namosau, Korovatu and Vutuni
4. Elevated areas of Clopcott, Valele, Yalalevu, Nailaga, Varoko, Sarava and Navau
5. Balevuto, Nukuloa, Nacaci, Vatusui
Our operations team is working round the clock to normalize the system. It is expected that the restoration of water will be completed by Tuesday evening. However, the restoration operation will depend on the weather conditions.
The Authority is kindly advising its customers residing in these areas to store and use water wisely for their immediate needs during this temporary disruption period. Water carts will be on standby to service the affected areas as and when the need arises.
The Authority highly regrets any inconvenience caused to its customers.
For further inquiries, customers can call 3346777 or 5777 (Vodafone, Digicel & Inkk users) or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Customers can also call Pramil Kumar on 9104040 and Salote Bale on 9125786 for Water-carting and Dharmendra on 9104514 for reporting the leakages.