REF: 818 – Senior Legal Officer (National Office) – RE-ADVERTISED
The Senior Legal Officer will be primarily responsible for providing legal advice to WAF and its stakeholders. The incumbent will perform and advise on Criminal and Civil Litigation with management and advising on WAF Contractual obligations to ensure WAF is legally compliant with WAF Promulgation and State Laws. The incumbent will also assist Manager Legal in achieving the outlined Strategic objectives.]
- Provide legal advice to Management on all legal, regulatory and contractual matters affecting the operations of Water Authority of Fiji.
- Viewing, interpreting and deciphering legal documents.
- To effectively carry and have sole conduct for a mix case load relating to prosecution and civil litigation works.
- To advocate in appropriate hearings in Civil and Criminal Litigation to present the Water Authorities case to the highest standards including routine uncontested and contested cases in the Magistrate Courts and High Court in Fiji and co-ordinates litigation and other legal matters handled by outside Counsel.
- To maintain professional knowledge of the law to enable provision of high quality advice, referral, guidance and advocacy to customers.
- To draft all necessary pleadings and other documents and draft or input into Legal Reports as mandated.
- To undertake research to assist the Manager Legal in providing advice to the Authority in the areas of law generally.
- Timely response to Legal Instructions to ensure these meet agreed performance targets.
- Drafting Contracts, agreements and deeds relating to all aspects of the Authority’s business, instructions to Counsel and Reports.
- To provide high level accurate legal advice and guidance to WAF Employees and Management, customers in all Corporate Law Matters and other general matters.
- Preparation of Legal Reports and attendance to Management meetings from time to time as directed.
- To periodically review all Contract Documents and ensure that they are up to date and assist the Manager Legal in making appropriate improvements in processes and procedures relevant to the Organization.
- To provide full detailed and effective management information, including case updates as directed on a regular basis.
- To provide advice and directions for the Water Authorities employees and assist in the professional development of the Company.
- To adhere to the principles of the WAF Promulgation, the ENI, ERP,OHS and WAF’s internal policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective working environment.
- Oversee the function of the investigation and prosecution arm and establish collaborative platform with regulatory authorities to better represent the interest of WAF
- Other duties delegated by the Chief Executive Officer and the Manager Legal.
Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Law and Professionally Qualified Lawyer Admitted to the High Court of Fiji.
- Must be a qualified lawyer with proven track records.
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable laws, codes and regulations
- 5 years experiences required in a similar role.
Skills & Abilities
- Strive through the upholding of values that are key to WAF’s culture which are;
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good English communication and excellent presentation skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Excellent organizer and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- In-depth acquaintance in the respective and specialized field.
Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant qualifications and experiences.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
Typed applications must include the curriculum vitae in chronological order and the names of 2 referees with certified copies of relevant certificates and separate application for different positions. Briefly state how you meet the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities for the position applied.
INCOMPLETE & LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ONLY SHORTLISTED
CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Applications should be marked “Confidential REF: 818– Senior Legal Officer (National Office) –
Re-advertised” and should be received no later than 16 April 2021 and could be:
The Manager Human Resources
Water Authority Of Fiji
Hand delivered to:
Human Resources Unit
Level 3, Manohan Building