REF: 816 – Personal Assistant To General Manager Special Projects (National Office)
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the General Manager Special Projects has excellent support, enabling him to focus on business development and high-level management issues. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling for GM.
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Organizing, maintaining diaries, making appointments and taking minutes.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the GM.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring that the GM is well-prepared for meetings.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Perform other duties that may be consistent with the position.
- Develop and design documents.
- Handling calls and correspondences and following up on pending matters with limited direction.
- Co-ordinate meetings, including agendas, taking and distribution of minutes/action points, catering and facilities.
- Keep GM advised of time sensitive and priority issues.
- Assist with organizing events.
- Maintain all business and personal contacts.
- Provide additional support to management team as requested.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organiser and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude
- Excellent phone skills and a good speaking voice and proficient in English
- Work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work extra hours and travel when necessary
- Able to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately at all times
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent computing skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant qualifications and experiences.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
Typed applications must include the curriculum vitae in chronological order and the names of 2 referees with certified copies of relevant certificates and separate application for different positions. Briefly state how you meet the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities for the position applied.
INCOMPLETE & LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Applications should be marked “Confidential REF: 816 Personal Assistant to General Manager Special Projects– National Office” and should be received no later than 16 April 2021 and could be:
The Manager Human Resources
Water Authority Of Fiji
Hand delivered to:
Human Resources Unit
Level 3, Manohan Building